Usually one person doesn’t solve the solution, but 100 people with 1% of the solution that will get it done. I think that’s beautiful, pieces solving a puzzle.
Scarlett Johansson on Captain America: The Winter Soldier behind the scenes.
So, another Youmacon has come and gone. My original plan was to cosplay as Sansa along with my friend who went as Sandor, but because of major malfunctions in fabric orders and such, along with the fact that most of my homework was sewing, so all the time I wanted to use for sewing my cosplay was used to work on my actual homework.
Anyways, I decided to go as Beka Cooper, from Tamora Pierce’s Provost Dogs series. I based my costume somewhat off of the cover photos of the series, but I was mostly inspired by minuiko's drawings of Beka.
Sadly, only one person recognized me, and it was after I mentioned that I was a TP character, but I made my friends walk ahead of me and yell ‘Puppy, fetch!’ and then I would go and chase them down. We also ran from Cobo Hall to the Renaissance Center, and the whole time I kept yelling “Provost Guard! Get out of the way!” and that was all fun.
I hope to make this a better cosplay, and add Kel and Daine possibly to my growing list of TP characters~
EDIT: Also, forgot to add that my friend abananaduck took the pics <3
Oh nice. Very nice. I love it!
- Topic: DIVERSITY IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE
- Anthony Mackie: We’re in a day and age where kids deserve someone they can look up to. I’m very proud of Scarlett with what she’s been able to do with Black Widow, and how little girls can sit back and see that she doesn’t have to have superpowers, she’s just a badass. While being cool and a chick. And I like the fact that little brown kids can say, ‘hey, the Falcon is there now’, and little green kids can say, ‘the Hulk’s there’. Don’t want to leave out the Martians. I think it’s very important, and I think Marvel has been at the forefront of that, giving people the opportunity to represent every aspect of culture. It’s definitely something that was on the table, and on my mind when I decided to sign on to this project.
- Topic: FANS COMPLAINING ABOUT CASTING ON GROUNDS OF RACE
- Anthony Mackie: Superman, black would be the coolest dude in the world. Imagine Sam Jackson in a cape. Running around. That would be a good movie.
- I think what a lot of people don’t get is, these people aren’t real. If you cast a black dude as John F Kennedy, that’s wrong. If you cast a white dude as Martin Luther King, that’s wrong. These people aren’t real. The suits aren’t real. There aren’t really superheroes in the world.
- At some point in time, you have to steep yourself in reality and say, ‘hey, it’s not about what they look like, it’s about casting a good actor in the role. If you’re sitting at home and you can’t see a black guy as Nick Fury, maybe there’s something wrong with you.
when i see a clothing item i like and check the price tag